1/3/11

Some updates

This entry is going to be hodge podge.

First off are my new year's resolutions.  Yes, I have some this year after forgoing them last time since all I could hope for was survival as a mom of 2 little ones.  First goal: Drink more water.  Second goal: Consume less sugar.  Third and most important goal: Stop picking at my poor face!!

Wyatt had an allergic reaction to peanut butter (we think) yesterday.  He started crying, his lips puffed up, and his skin looked MORE bumpy and red than usual.  We rushed him off to the E.R., only to notice that the swelling had stopped and he'd nodded peacefully to sleep.  Instead we called our nurse friend who advised us to just give him some antihistamine.  He's fine now, but I am eager to get him into that allergist and figure out what he can and cannot eat.  He has had peanut butter many times, but I guess not for several weeks.  Perhaps his body decided to be angry about that.  Anyways, we spent too much money at Whole Foods on eczema creams and whatnot, but I am happy to say they are helping.  I picked up a California Baby calendula cream, and have been applying it several times a day, along with some pure vitamin E oil, and before bed (to lock in moisture) he gets some lanolin all up on that!  Hehe, that stuff is for nipples, and is made from something secreted by wool bearing animals.  Even since yesterday his skin has become softer and less irritated.  He's also taking a homeopathic allergy mix to help him recover from the peanut butter incident.

OK.  Wyatt and words: Wyatt is saying 'mama', 'dada', 'babye', 'hi', 'duck', and now 'ahdone!'  He is mooing and oinking as well.  I was bribing him with coconut ice cream today.  The ice cream was withheld until he'd repeat some resemblance of 'more'.  Me: Wyatt, say 'more!'...Wyatt: "Na-dada!'  Ice cream.  Me: Wyatt, say 'MORE.'...Wyatt: 'DAAA!  DA DA!'  Ice cream.

Judah has been changing A LOT over the past month.  He is becoming a physically active boy, and I don't know what to do with the little guy anymore!  He climbs on stuff, tries to wrestle and jump, and stomps around the house giggling wildly or sobbing (depending on his mood, of course).  As a result of all this, he has become much more social, and is goofing off with kids his age.  HUZZAH!  He's also talking up a storm, which is my favorite because I can be more effective in meeting the many needs and demands of this 2 year old.  The best request of late is before his naps: "Snuggle, mama."  /Gush  Today he was strumming his guitar and sang as follows: "A, B, C, D, E, F, G...Baa-baa black sheep hava hava wool...Tinkle Tinkle wittle star, howa wa wa what ah are..."  There is so much more, and I'm finding I can't keep track of all the things I want to remember about this phase in his life.

One last thought for this entry: I am SO grateful for all of our family and friends.  I concluded this holiday season with a warm and fuzzy-ish feeling in my heart/brain.  We have so many wonderful people in our lives.  I wish I had more time to write about that, but it seems Wyatt is unwilling to nap at the moment!

1 comment:

Familie Marx said...

I like your new year's resolutions! :o)