I am currently sitting at the dining table with Judah, 30 minutes past his bedtime. So far he has had the same piece of chicken apple sausage in his mouth for 1 hour. He's not crying, or looking mad. He's just staring at me with the sausage in his mouth and lips puckered. THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING BEHAVIOR OF ANY BEHAVIOR EVER EVER!!!!!!!! Just sayin'. This kid has an iron will. I am hoping that sticking it out with him will nip this lame-o behavior in the bud. Who wants to sit at the table for hours on end with food in their mouth? RIGHT? Please, oh please. Oh well, the rest of his day was quite super.
Actually, this morning had some cuteness. Judah and Wyatt have been at eachother's throats a lot lately. I am constantly reminding Judah to share, and trying to show him how. This morning, Wyatt kept trying to grab what Judah would play with. Judah would start to get mad, so I'd remind him to play nice. A switch flipped, and he realized how much easier it is to just find something else for Wyatt to play with. He was happily finding all sorts of things to share and saying "Look, Wyatt! It's a ____________." So I guess the lesson of the week is that repetition pays off with a two year old. It's amazing what he picks up on but saves for later, heh.
So he finally spat out the sausage. I gave him another piece but cut it in half this time. He chewed, swallowed, and then started talking up a storm. I told him I was proud of him. He ate another bite without being asked...chewed, swallowed, then said "sorry, Mommy." Since I have typed this, he has finished his whole pile of sausage. HALLELUJAH!
Now he is telling me "No beans! No carrots!" They are not even on the menu tonight. And now he's saying "Dirty shirt. Wet shirt. This one's a dirty shirt. Need wipe!"
1 comment:
That's awesome that he ate his food! You have so much patience. I don't know what I would do in that situation. I think you're a fantastic mom.
Post a Comment