1/7/11

Coco Tee

* Judah as he holds his binky up in the air before nap:  "Binky flying...tweet!  Bird, tweet tweet!  No, bird.  Airplane!  Psssssss..." 

* "Daddy...COME...home.  SOON!  Daddy home...soon!  Miss daddy.  Daddy bye-bye."

* "Daddy wuv Judah.  Wa-wat...wuv Wa-Wat.  Nate!  Desond (Desmond) wuv...Wa-Wat!"  He talks about Nate A LOT since he hears him upstairs all day.

 * Judah is...shall I say passionate about his ABC's.  Not only do we hear the abc song at all hours of the day, he is beginning to practice phonics.  "D!  d...d...drum!" and so on.  At first I thought he was just memorizing the words we associated with the letters, but I guess he's actually understanding the concept because he keeps coming up with new words that start with various letters.  I think it's really cute, but sometimes I wonder if this kid is slightly OCD, lol. 
Anyways, he loves the book pictured on the left.  In it a bunch of letters climb up a coconut tree then come tumbling down.  While playing with this stacking toy today, which he believes to be a 'Kissmas Tee", he started pretending the abc's were falling from it: "Oh no!  Eveebody fall DOWN!  Abc's...oh no!  Chicka boom boom!  H fall...coco tee!"

I just have to write this stuff down.  I can't believe he's finally starting to talk, and I guess as his mom I think everything he says is fantastic, lol.  :-D

1 comment:

Addie said...

I FOUND YOUR BLOG AGAIN! Like a stalker, I got all caught up. And bookmarked it for future reference.

The cabin fever of two kids in a city apartment all day really resonates with me. I can't fully relate, but boy am I overwhelmed for you. Your boys are so precious and growing so fast! I love it.