Many are wondering how Wyatt is doing. He's very well, considering. <I don't know why this formatting is all funky so enjoy the bold font.> The cheek is healing up well, and he'll get the stitches out on Friday. I am still heartbroken over the fact that his kissable baby cheeks have been tainted by this. I'm all for boys havin' their scars, but I would have preferred the first one to come a bit later in his life...he's only 12 months old. I hate myself a little right now for what happened to him, but thankful at the same time that it wasn't an inch higher (eye).
Judah went up to his friend's house to play this morning. Spontaneous play date, except my friend is so awesome she didn't require me to attend initially. I had a very peaceful breakfast, and showered without anyone trying to throw ducks at me. Later we all attended gymnastics class, where Judah was an outright pill half the time. I'm just thankful these boys can run off/crawl off some steam. I also spent much of the day cooking, which RARELY happens. I do not feel that my mommy resume is at all tainted by my lack of culinary passion. On rare occasion, however, I really enjoy it. I like to make healthy stuff, so maybe that's the ticket:
- Lentil-Barley Soup (sans 'soup mix', used chix broth instead)
- These muffins will put hair on your back. Not really. Morelike...milk in your nursers and smarts in your brains...?
- Also made

1 comment:
Soup, muffins and beer were all delicious. Thank you, Smiths!!
Post a Comment