1/10/11

Sleep Training...Again?

So the first week of Judah's big boy bed freedom went fine because it did not dawn on him that he could get out and monkey around.  I suppose this was not unlike the phenomenon of circus elephants.

Eventually he discovered the truth, and has been living it up in there after we turn out the lights.  We tried simply putting him back in over and over.  We tried taking away his RayRay for 5 minutes as a consequence.  Tonight we are trying the ignore method, hoping that the lack of attention will bore him and he'll go to sleep. 

For his nap today, it took an hour to fall asleep.  Finally I went in and snuggled with him 'till he drifted off.  Should we try this at night?  We also did warm milk, but he thought that it was "too hot hot".

It's 9pm and he's looking at books in pitch black.  Hmm...if anyone has any tips, feel free to share.  Darnit now I'm hearing moo-ing and baa-ing from some book in there.  Perhaps we'll take the books out until he gets it.

Lonnie is forcing me to watch Karate Kid.

1 comment:

Lonnie Smith said...

It blew my mind, when I found out she had NEVER seen Karate Kid... seriously.

PUT HIM IN A BODY BAG, JOHNNY!