1/5/11

Judah This Week

Yesterday Judah and I were laying on the bed during rest time.  He blurted out, "Yummy!"  I said, "What is yummy?"

"Cake!  Happy Birthday!"

I asked whose birthday it was.  He said it was Judah's...and Wyatt's.  When I informed him that sadly they had to wait 'till next year for more birthdays, he replied "no happy birthday next year."  I thought he'd dropped the matter.  A few minutes later I decided to engage him in deep discussion.

"Judah, what do you like?"

"Books....and....cuddles...and...cake.  Happy Birthday!"

"What else do you like?"

"Cuddles...and...Ray-ray...and...cake!"

/HINT HINT

He has been learning about specific musical instruments lately, and is trying to identify which he is hearing in this instrumental ocean video we have.  "Violin?"  Me: "Nope."

"Oboe!"

"Yep."

Also, I just have to make note that I have no idea what to do with a physically active preschooler.  He was not active as a toddler, and we spent most of our time just practicing how to climb up stairs and go down slides.  Yesterday he attended his first gymnastics class.  I was scared that he would hate it and cry the whole time, but instead he ran around giggling maniacly.  He ran across a giant trampoline, got up and down from it himself, hung from hanging rings, a gymnastics bar, went across the balance beam, up some squishy stairs, and giggled the whole time.  Suddenly I was the mom whose kid was out of control and not listening to instructions.  He ran away from me several times, which just freaks me right out.  He used to be so easy to manage in those situations!  Now we have to start from scratch with learning how and why to stay close to mom in public.  All in all, I am THRILLED that he is doing this stuff.  We'll take care of the naughtiness it produces as we go.  It's worth it.

The rest of the day he talked about what he did at the gym, and who had fun.

"Judah...fun!  Wa-Wat...fun!  Marcy...fun!  Owen..fun!"

No comments: