2/11/11

The Talk Around Here

Wyatt has begun to say "cai (car)" and "cuck (truck)" just like his brother used to.  Lonnie and I have also become 'baba!'  He's so sweet.  We can see it dawn on his face that he is very entertaining when he says stuff.

I can't decide whether or not to go full-fledge with the potty training.  It'd be easier to do it this winter when we're stuck inside a lot anyways.  Judah is reticent to put his stuff in the potty, though he doesn't mind 'trying' if we read a book or play with a truck.  The hard part is, he usually poops after we put him to bed.  But if he gets a hint that we KNOW he's about to poop, he holds it in there until we're not paying attention.  Maybe he's not ready.  (Yeah, see, we just spent all morning taking trips back to the potty to 'try' and then he finally went in his diaper when I was distracted by a phone call.  No one's forcing him!)

On the funny/unusual front, we've been taking imaginary play to a whole new level with various things, and he's starting to enjoy making things up.  So it's not AS creepy (lol) that he pointed to the empty hallway this week and said 'There's a man!"  I asked where, and he said, "Right there!"  So I asked what the man's name was and he replied "Bobby Salamander."  I have no idea where Bobby came from, but he's been playing with pretend bugs all morning.  Anyways...

Also, when we were all reading a barnyard book together I asked him what a baby pig was called.  He grinned and said "Wyatt!"  I guess in a sense Wyatt is a little piglet ;-D seeing as he eats twice as much as Judah.

No comments: