Well there's the cup analogy. People see their cup (perspective) as half-full or half-empty. Some people's cups (joy; fulfillment?) are full, or even 'runneth over.' So once every couple of weeks my poor little cup is just bone dry. When one of those days hits, I see the bone dry cup as half-empty also.
Anyways, yesterday was one of those days that left me discouraged and self-pitying. I don't know what sparked it, but probably spending too much time researching parenting techniques. Every era has it's parenting movement, and I think we must be revisiting the 70's because the hottest new thing is 'gentle parenting.' This parenting style does not include discipline of any kind, from what I am learning. I'm all for being gentle, but I think you can successfully unite being a gentle AND firm parent when the need arises. To each his own. I'm not about to judge people who are using a method that works for them. But MAN, some of the language used towards parents who do discipline is just outright mean and presumptuous. I wish we could all just get along and stop judging each other based on our own childhood demons.
Today is a new day, and I'm over it. I think I'm doing a good job as a mom. At least I'm doing my best, most days. Days like yesterday happen, and I just have to get up and start walking again. It's normal to be tired and discouraged sometimes, not normal not to be (IMO). All in all, my energy is way up since some slow changes to my diet and I am enjoying the kids. Cannot wait for winter to be over, though that will mean some big changes for us. Hello, MN...?
No comments:
Post a Comment