2/16/11

Miscellaneous

Well I hope you all enjoyed my rant from earlier.  Small price to pay for all the adorable photos and stories of the Smith children.

The following are some things I'd like to write out before I forget:

- Yesterday Judah learned to say hydrogen peroxide: "hydagen pwoxide".  We gave the word probiotics a try today, to no avail: "pwo-bo-ah-git"?  Context: I gave Judah a cup of juice.  J: "What's that?" Me: "Probiotic juice."  *sip...sip...pause...*   "...YIKE IT!  YIKE IT!"  Me: "What?  Yogurt?"  J: "YIIIKE IT!"  Me: "Oh, you LIKE it."  J: "Yes."
- Judah trying to say "WordWorld" (an ABC's program on PBS) is pretty funny since he can't pronounce his r's or his l's.  *giggle
- Wyatt did whirligigs whilst enjoying his snacktime banana on the floor.  Apparently bananas are just that good.  (whirligig def.: sit on bottom, use legs to turn oneself in circles repeatedly)
- As mentioned on FB, if I were in ANY sort of eating contest, I'd want to be on Wyatt's team.  Yesterday he ate a large banana for breakfast, a few handfuls of cereal, and hefty bowl of Grape Nuts & coconut milk.  For second breakfast he enjoyed yet another large banana (his poops were much more manageable too, mind you).  For elevensees he ate a bean and rice burrito and some grapes.  I caught him at some later time devouring flax crackers left out in the living room.  And for dinner, he ate 1 1/4 homemade sloppy joe's.  Judah on the other hand...
- Today Judah said he wanted to give Wyatt a kiss before nap.  He walked up to Wyatt, who was in his crib, and took his binky out.  I sort-of scolded Judah for teasing Wyatt, and Judah looked offended and sobbed.  I laid next to Judah for his nap, and he seemed quiet but upset.  Then it dawned on me that he wanted to kiss Wyatt on the mouth.  I asked Judah about it, and he said 'yes'.  So we did a re-take.  I took him back into Wyatt's room and he gave Wyatt a big kiss and told him "wuuuuuv you......"
- Tonight the boys were laying side-by-side whilst getting lotioned up before jammies.  Judah touched Wyatt's belly and said "fwiend (friend)...wuv you."
- Since the weather was great yesterday and today, we made some trips to the park (prounounced "pike" for Judah).  Oh, the slides.  Wyatt LOOOOVES the slides.  His giggles would increase the closer we got to the top of the slide again.  I'd let him crawl the rest of the way, and each time without thinking he'd just barrel down head first.  I managed to catch a few photos (see below) but it was hard, as I was also trying to keep him from injuring himself.  Judah's funny moment was when I took Wyatt over to the swing for a few pushes.  When I went to retrieve Judah, this is what I found:
Yep, those are SNOW boots, not rain boots, and that hat is soaked.  I forgot to mention that on the way home from the park yesterday Lonnie and I noticed Judah eyeing the puddles, and trying to steer the stroller just a little closer to them.  We told him to go ahead and give it a try.  Well, did THAT open a wet can of worms...!






Here are some other photos from today mostly:
Wyatt getting ready for his first dive


Looking dazed due to all the noisy pre-teens lingering about



He's really pretty to me


Those lips...

Wet


Judah swings too

And of course nothing cuter than your kid eating an ORGANIC (;-P) apple in the out of doors

Little hobbit child

Checking it carefully for bugs


And down he goes


No comments: