2/16/11

Rant, then off to more productive things...

WHY DOES EVERYTHING POSE A RISK OF KILLING MY FAMILY!?  Why are all the sources conflicted?  Just tell me the truth about my food and water and lead levels and vaccinations and toys and let ME make the choice about what to do about it!  Wyatt had a lead count of 6 at his last checkup.  The doctor said they don't worry until it's 10.  Then I read other sources saying even a count of 1 is enough to slow his mental capacities.  Well darnit whose right?!  Don't appease me with false information.  Grr....................................................We live in an old apartment.  He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth.  I can't stop this.  We filter our water, but that doesn't take everything out.  He's not allowed to eat food off the floor, but assuredly it happens when we're not looking.  And the TOYS...People suggest bleaching them (!!!!!!) to keep lead off but, ahem, which is the lesser evil here?!  And if it's not the toys, then he'll put a shoe in his mouth, or drink the bath water, or eat a paint chip.  The God forbid I accidentally buy the non-organic grapes from Chili and contaminate my kids with all sorts of pesticides and half dead food.  What about the vaccinations?  His allergies started just after his 12 month shots...and the introduction of milk...but he'd had milk prior with no problem.  I guess no swimming lessons for the kids either since they're absorbing gallons of chlorine into their bodies through the skin.  Don't get me started on skin products.  And stop putting triclosan on them in the church nursery.  SERIOUSLY. 
Lol I am not this crazy.  But I am frustrated.  The only way to really rid our lives of all the yuck is to go live off the grid somewhere.  But then we'll be responsible for the under-socialization of the kids thus turning them into yedis.

No comments: