4/4/11

That's Daddy's Job

Thank you, dear Sesame Street, for allowing me to drink my morning coffee lukewarm, instead of cold today.  Lonnie was gone most of the weekend, so I am WIPED!!!  And now Wyatt is not feeling well.  He woke up at 6am today looking quite congested and miserable.  I am pleased because it's the first time this boy with immune system problems has gotten sick in the past...2 months-ish.  Which is good for winter!  I set him up with a bubble bath to help relieve his breathing, and of course Judah wanted to join the party.  I sat down at the kitchen table to eat some breakfast, but soon after heard "Oh no!  That's poop!  Wyatt!  No poop in the tub!"  Oh dear.  So I ran in, and the thing was still on it's way out, and he was standing up so it hadn't touched the water yet.  I quickly pulled out the training seat and let him do his job on the big potty, lol.  I think it's funny that Judah is the one we're trying to convince to go in the potty, and he was standing naked outside the tub asking for a diaper while his little brother sat on the toilet.  So I asked Judah to go get his diaper from under the bed.  He made it to about 5 feet away from where they were, and starting crying.  He wanted me to get it because that's mommy's job. 

He has started saying this in various situations.  He and Lonnie were playing with trains on the kitchen floor the other day.  Judah wanted the tracks to be set up, so Lonnie handed two to him and asked him to connect them.  Judah made a pouty face and told Lonnie "I'm too (l)wittle.  That's Daddy's job."  Haha!

One of my favorites from this week is listening to Judah attempt to sing "Skiddamarinkydinkydink skidamarinkydoo, I love you."  He doesn't quite pull it off... ;-D

On one of the glum weather days last week, I put on a Disney Oceans movie.  Judah was engulfed (haha, get it?) with it right away.  But THEN the stingrays came.  He jumped off the couch, ran up to the screen, and started introducing RayRay to all his friends.  Every few minutes a new creature was featured, and he would excitedly ask me "What's that?! What's that?!  What is it?!  What's that?!"  "Judah, listen to the man, he will tell you what it is.  Shh..."  Haha it was so cute.

I can smile about it now, but last night as I was in exhausted mode before the boys' bedtime, and trying to Skype with my parents, Judah found herbal cough syrup and dumped the WHOLE thing out on the floor.  It got all over his shoes, which he then removed and began licking vigourously (it has honey in it).  I told him that licking shoes is yucky.  He supposedly didn't hear me, or even pause.  He just went to town on those things, so I had to take them away.  Later he was sitting in a corner with something else the syrup had spilled on, and licking that to death, too.  Cough syrup = catnip for toddlers.

No comments: