I find it really charming that Judah was awake in his bed an hour past bedtime singing "Do, a deer, a female deer, raaaaay a dwop of goeden suuuuuuun!" Lonnie and I got up to listen outside his door. The song suddently morphed into Lonnie's Invader Zim/cheer up the boys at the dinner table song: "Boo-baba-joo-baba-joo-baba-jooo-baba-joo." Lonnie went in. "Hewwo, Daddy. How are you?" Lonnie returned to tell me Judah wanted to talk to me. I went in. "Hiiii Mommy. What sound...a window make? ... What sound a door make? ... What sound...couscous make? Where'd the couscous go?" Etc etc.
Amazing.
Here's something else...he has taken to calling us Yonnie and Kewwey. He's not trying to be saucy, he just figures those are our names, just like Nana's name is Nancy and Popop's is Mick.
I took the boys for nachos and drinks at Kopi yesterday, because they were sooo stir crazy and yet it was rainy outside. Judah was intoducing himself to everyone who came near us, and when the server came to our table, Judah said "chocolate, peas." The server: "Well! We have lots of chocolate. Would you like a chocolate milk?" Judah: "Yes." He ordered his own drink, lol. Wyatt enjoyed licking bean dip off the chips. We then proceeded to the toy store, since Judah has been asking to play with Mr. Pete, one of the guys who works there. They played with a spaceship together for awhile, then we left tantrum-free. Yay.
This morning, Wyatt is wandering all over the house. Praciticing walking is his new favorite thing. He's getting really good! I found Judah in the living room. "Yook, Mommy! Judah made a tower!" And that he did! A really awesome villagey-looking setup. I brought him some vitamin C tabs, since I am sick as a dog this morning. He said, "Judah yikes vitamins a yot!"
2 comments:
That really is one rather incredible tower. Feeling any better?
Yeah, after a couple hours of being awake today I'm feeling less sore throat pain. However, I did give into ibuprofen. It may just be numbing things for awhile.
Post a Comment