5/10/11

Dwippy Showers

I walked out of the bedroom this morning, saw Wyatt at his highchair, then disappeared into the bathroom.  "AAAAAAAACK!," said Wyatt.  Lonnie: "Woah!  Why are you screaming like that?"  Wyatt: "Baba (Mama)!!!"  Afterwards I kissed him good morning and asked him how he was doing, to which he replied: "Gibbledy garbledy gook (my interpretation), as he pointed to Lonnie then to himself.  I'm pretty sure he was saying "Daddy fed me breakfast.  Yum.  Happy."

For Mother's Day we went out for tacos.  SOOO glad we brought a bib for Wyatt!  He was trying to use a chip to scoop bean dip into his mouth.  He'd dip the chip as well as half his hand into the bowl, then lick the one part of the chip that didn't have beans on it.  Frustrated, he gave up on the chip and just scooped dip into his mouth with his hand.  Ewwwwww.  He has also been in the habit of pummeling his meat before eating it.  We set the meat on his tray, and in one swift movement he slams his hand down onto it, then back to mouth, where it disappears for good.  Also in relation to Mother's Day, when Lonnie told Judah what day it was, he started singing Happy Birthday to me.  Also, the boys got me this soda maker that is the funnest toy EVER.  I can make fizzy water, add some lime or fruit juice, ice, and yum!

Either Judah is growing out of his nap, or he's just been restless lately.  Yesterday I went in after hearing him cry for what...the 5th time since I laid him down?  "Where'd Daddy go?  I want to see him."  I REALLY don't want him to stop napping.  On the other hand, it would give him time to play independently, without Wyatt to knock down his stuffs.

Judah asked Lonnie to sing "Dwippy Showers (Drip drip drop little April showers...).  Lonnie's rendition was WAAAAY off, so Judah said, "No, that's a naughty voice!"  Then he pointed to me and said "That's a nice voice."  :-P

Also, he is VERY excited to see Granny and Papa, and has asked me several times where Canada is.  I've been teaching him a little geography but I'm sure it's confusing when I say Papa lives WAAAAY over there in Canada, when visually it looks like 2 inches away.  He sometimes asks to go to "Cawawado" to see Chula and Uncle Steve and "Ang."

This one is for Aria: During bedtime prayers, Judah likes to add something he's thankful for.  A couple nights ago he said, "...and thank you for Awia..."

I know he is sounding really sweet by now, WHICH HE IS, but he's also going through a new stage of testing his independence and in turn our patience is REALLY BEING TESTED.  REALLY.  Yes...

No comments: