3/6/11

Some Favorites

I haven't been good about recording these things.  The kids have just been so cute and I've been feeling SO great mentally and energy levels, etc.  We're eating healthier and healthier due to the dietary restrictions, but it is turning out to effect us all or the better :)  I wouldn't even know Judah had SPD lately with how happy, talkative and social he's been.  Some of my favorites of late:

-Upon seeing the jar of fish oil vitamins: "I'm SICK!  Need a medicine!"

-Me: Judah, are you all done eating?  J: Yes.  Me: Are you sure?  No more hungry feelings in your tummy?  J: My bottom is hungry!

-He says thank you, excuse me, and please for everything, in their appropriate contexts.  It's so adorable.  And I love his sense of humor.  If we do the slightest nice thing for him he'll say either "Thank you, Uncle Daddy."  Or "Thank you, Auntie Mommy."

-Eating some caramelized root veggies tonight, he noted that they "Taste like candy!"  The kids had their first raw fruit and veggie drink today and Judah said that tasted like candy too.  Nice.  I need to perfect the recipes, though, since everyone was tooting long afterwards.

-He has taken to throwing Wyatt under the bus for all sorts of things: J: The boat door bwoken. Me: Oh, did you take it off? J: Wyatt did it.*** J: Where's the big dump twuck? Me: I don't know. J: No! Wyatt ate it!

-We're trying to help him learn the difference between nice funny things to say and not nice things.  For instance, he likes to call people names like "Dodo Wyatt" or "Mommy Poop."  We tell him those are not nice things to say, and he can try saying something more silly like "Funny Wyatt" or "Muscle Daddy."  He thinks it's hilarious either way.

-Judah was less than excited about swimming lessons this weekend.  While changing afterwards in the locker room, Lonnie asked Judah why he was so down.  Judah said, "I'm just tired..."

-While talking to Nana tonight about their upcoming week together in the Wisconsin Dells, he made sure to ask Nana if he could "Bwing 1 twuck in water!  At waterpike (waterpark)!"

-Referred to his dad as "Yonnie Daddy (Lonnie Daddy)."

-Today we all walked to the produce mart, then had to stop at 7/11 for 1 extra ingredient.  Judah found Cadberry Eggs and want to buy it.  We just looked at him and smiled.  He thought about it for a second, then said "Put it back."  And that was the end of it.  I guess he knew we'd already purchased parnips and couldn't afford anymore tasty treats, lol.

-I'm just so happy because, well it's just amazing when your kid tells you what they want or need with real words instead of whining all the time.  We've been having so much fun as a family lately.  Wee!

And I could never leave Wyatt out: His new word of the week is "eyes."  :-D  So cute.


I am SO thankful that I can spend this time in my life being a mom and providing for my family in different ways.  It's hard to see why I was ever exhausted but I guess the good times come and go. 

No comments: