Oh, where to start. Judah and Wyatt have been so cute this week. I keep telling myself I need to write things down but get distracted and forget.
Judah is starting to crack jokes and attempt to be funny. He has all SORTS of nicknames for people. He'll say the nickname and then giggle and say "That's so funny!" or "Judah so silly!" Some of my favorites are:
Nana BumBum, Muffin Wyatt, Uncle Daddy, Uncle Mommy, Oval Wyatt, Banana Wyatt, Bummy Wyatt, Dirty Wyatt (lol)... He's not trying to be mean, he just thinks he's a hoot.
I fell asleep on the couch yesterday while Judah was playing and Wyatt was sleeping. I woke up to Judah talking to himself, but kept my eyes closed. "That's a fire twuck, up there! *points to the bookshelf*" "Want to pway...pway with fire twuck!........Nooo, it's bwoken, sweeby pie. Need tah fix it! I say 'want to pway with a fire twuck.' Sorry, it's bwoken." It's so funny because we have this conversation often enough (and haven't gotten around to finding a safe wood glue to fix it) that he was actually quoting the usual dialogue...all in a whisper so as not to wake mommy, lol. Then he walked up to me and whispered "Snuggle, Mommy" and not-so-stealthily crawled on top of me, knocking over a few things on the coffee table. "Uh oh....bowl, and cup, and waisins...what HAPPENED?!"
Last Friday I took them to the store since I had the car, and the weather was gross. It was really funny to see Judah growing into that stage where he noticed all the stuff being marketed to him. We picked out our boring package of fruit leather, and meandered down the aisle. He stopped in front of the kids fruit snacks and just STARED. Then he'd look down at his box of fruit leather, and back up to the box of fruit snacks that had Cars on them woefully. Eventually he just learned to pick up the thing that appealed to him and not-so-sneakily throw it into our cart. Fruit snacks, beef jerky, etc. Well then we got to the toy aisles, and he found a GIANT fire truck with lights and sounds. By giant I mean probably as tall as him if turned on end. Much to my dismay, he started begging: "Want it! Have it! Get it! Want the fire twuck! Take it home!" After telling him that we couldn't take it home today, but would keep it in mind for his birthday, I started walking away. I realized Judah wasn't behind me, so I went back and found him HEAVING the thing down the aisle with all his might. "Judah, what are you doing?!" Judah: "Happy Birfday to you, Judah!" Lol. He left it behind without further drama, but poor kid. They put everything bright, colorful, and fire trucky right at his eye level! Bad store.
To distract Wyatt I put a Tickle Me Elmo in the cart with him. Every time Elmo was tickled he'd say something like "*giggle-giggle...Hey, that tickles!" And every time Wyatt would gasp like he'd just fallen in love and wrap his arms around Elmo, giving a big open-mouthed kiss.
Wyatt's new favorite passtime is closing doors. He spends his time crawling to different doors to see if they'll close, then locking himself in rooms, then getting mad, getting let out, and doing it all over again. I have child safety things on most of the doors, but one broke recently so we have to rotate which doors are Wyatt-proof. He can always find the unsafe door.
I'm sure there was more I wanted to write down, but I just noticed Judah is giving all his cars and trucks a bath in the sink...oh, and a brand new roll of toilet paper. Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment