Well, Wyatt has a bowjillion 'moderate' food allergies, and one high allergy to egg whites. Le sigh. On the one hand, it means we get to play around with some new (more expensive) foods. On the other, as I think about what I want to cook (christmas cookies, blueberry pie, pasta, yogurt) I realize his options have been narrowed down A LOT. We picked up gluten free pasta, rice/almond crackers, lactose-free cheese, almond milk, rice milk, etc etc. It's just a little frustrating, but I hope it gets rid of the gremlins in his throat. What's funny is that he eats these no-no's every day. Peanut butter on wheat bread, wheat crackers, whole wheat cereal, milk, tofu and has never had a noticeable reaction (beyond the usual noises in his throat). Eggs, though...yeah. I recall a couple weeks ago after breakfast, his cheeks turned red like he was a Christmas elf. I wonder if we had eggs that mornin'.
On a completely unrelated topic, I had a temper tantrum this morning. I must confess I yelled at Wyatt. He looked stunned, and then started sobbing with a big, pouty lip. It's hard to always be the grown-up...a flawless example of patience, manners, and self-control to these children. I am trying to raise them properly, and bend over backwards each day to meet their needs, keep their tears at bay, and teach them to be good people. And yet still they cry and whine with those amazing vocal chords God has blessed them with, in a home with too much reverb. Sometimes it's just too much. I of course told both boys that I was sorry for losing my temper, and that I loved them very much but sometimes mommies get frustrated too. All they heard was "I love you," I'm sure. But that's ok. Realistically, I am not a patience and manners robot. I am an imperfect person with feelings and baggage and ears for gods sake. While I don't enjoy allowing my children to see me lose my cool, I think it's important that they DO see it occasionally, and see me recover and make amends...just as I ask them to do.
And speak of the devil they are up from nap after only 45 minutes. LE SIGH!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment