It has been a couple weeks since I've posted, so here's the low-down.
My grandfather is probably going to pass away this week or next. It's a strange feeling, as I don't really get to say goodbye, and we haven't spoken in at least 3 years. I'm sad, though. He is my family, a part of my history, my father's father. He is important, and I am feeling loss. Please pray for my parents if you think of it, especially my dad.
Wyatt will be 1 year old this weekend. I am so excited for him, and am full of joy watching him grow up. Except for the past week and a half, he's a delightful little boy :-P He's been sick, and as such VERY cranky. I tend to try to do my best as a mom, but admittedly it has been hard lately. The combination of a sick baby and a whole new level of TWO for Judah has made me pretty tired and irritable.
Judah's initial phase of two was SO cute. He was sometimes naughty, but would respond well to discipline with an 'ok mom' or a 'sawry, mom'. Now he is just TRYING to be naughty to see what I'll do. I haven't quite developed a plan of action for this new behavior, and find myself staring at him dumbfounded quite regularly. On the cute end, my favorite this week was when he was identifying play food with his OT. She picked up the wooden banana, and he proclaimed, "banaphone!" Uncle Chris could appreciate this :). My 2nd favorite is that whenever chorale music comes on the Pandora Christmas station, he says "pretty music".
I attended my first home labor as a doula this week. These youngens were adorable. The mom made it to 8cm (out of 10) with warm bath, aromatherapy, food, drink, massage, dancing, walking, soft music. It was awesome, until she transitioned. Then we hauled a** to the hospital and some complications arose with the baby's well-being. It was hard to see her end up in c-section after all that work, but the midwives and doctors did everything they could to prevent it. This was the most intense labor and birth I've attended so far.
Our tree is up and our gifts have been purchased. This season feels weird to me somehow. I think we're all a little downtrodden in this family right now. Sickness, death, stress, worry. I think we either need a) a pep talk, or b) a swift kick in the pants.
1 comment:
so your wee sweet one is being "bad" just to see if you'll still hold the line? ha ha ha, been there, still there! I hope this doesn't discourage you, but it's just the beginning.
Again and again my kids check the boundaries that I've given them, it's like they want to know if we still love them or something?!?!
The boundary lines for each kid is different and it's always changing. As they learn new things and reach different stages they will test you. Or at least mine have.
Don't give up my beautiful sister-in-love! It's worth it. Also God doesn't give us anything we can't handle, if HE asks us to do something then HE will also give us the grace and strength to accomplish successfully!
I believe that when kids act out, or misbehave it's often a cry for someone, anyone, to give them a boundary. There is comfort and security in boundaries.
Our kids are the first ones to see through us! hah! If I say I'm going to do something then I had better do it. If they are bad and I give them a warning that the next time there is a consequence, then I had better come through with the consequence, or else my kids will learn that i am not trust-worthy. Also if I say i will give a reward for correct actions, I had better pay up when the time comes!!
I think you are doing a wonderful job.
I love reading your blog, it's a way that I feel connected to my nephews and to you and Lonnie as well. I'm not bothered if your post needs to be a little down sometimes, we aren't "up" people all the time. God created us to be dynamic, and you are! AND I love you that way!
Please don't stop posting. When there isn't apost for a while I start to miss it!
i love you muchly and hope that you all have a restful, fulfilling Christmas season. Enjoy our sister, I miss her too!
Kelsie
Post a Comment