11/11/10

My Wyatt

Not-so-little Wyatt is going to be a YEAR old in a month.  He is exceedingly adorable and makes me smile on a regular basis.  Lately he has been a very busy boy, working his way through the apartment leaving all sorts of things in his wake for me to clean up.  Finally, oh FINALLY he has begun to crawl in a more acceptable fashion :-P.  It's a combination of army/caterpillar crawl, normal crawl, pulling up, standing, getting into stuff, plopping back down, and repeating. 
I'm actually trying to get him to nap as I write this.  I returned to a noisy room to find him sitting up in bed talking to his stuffed elephant, and then I smelled poop.  Great (he has had the butt squirts today...ew).  I got him cleaned up, and the moment I let go of his ankles he flipped over and mooned me.  I flipped him back over, put on the clean diaper, and tucked him in.  I turned around to look at Judah, then turned back to Wyatt who was standing in his bed smiling.  I gently layed him back down and rushed out of the room, seeing him standing up again from the corner of my eye.  /sigh...
He's also starting to talk a little:
"Mamama!"
"Dadat!"
"Hi!" (first word)
"Ba ba!" (for sheep and goats)
Experimenting with phonemes:
"Ka"
"Pa..pa"
Etc.

Today he seemed distraught that Lonnie was leaving for work, so I carried him to the door to say goodbye one last time.  "Wyatt, say byebye!"  Wyatt: "Baaaah!" /whilst waving frantically at Lonnie with both arms.  Lonnie left and then the little guy started crying...Aww.

No comments: