The blarg has been suffering big time! I've neglected my writing all summer. Bad Kelley.
Just thought I'd make a few remarks while I feel like it.
Judah is turning THREE next Sunday! Oh dear, where does the time go? Some of his moments as of late:
-He keeps saying he wants to go up to the moon, so we decided to have a space-themed birthday party. He's getting a rocket ship, too ;-)
-Peeing in the potty! He's still having accidents, but I can tell he's trying to hold it because he'll get really wiggly and start grabbing himself...'down there.' Today he peed in the 'special farm potty' (aka portapotty). I was very proud. I know adults who won't even venture there, lol. Yesterday he told me that he wanted to "...go pee and poop in the fan." He is also very strict about receiving his bribe (dark chocolate) after doing a job. He's trying to find other reasons to earn it as well, like being sick: "Maybe some chocolate? That will make me feel better. It has vitamins in it."
-Judah is starting to draw his uppercase letters. He made H's one day, and was so excited he couldn't stop making them any time a magnadoodle was present. He's making L's and Q's, O's, and T's as well. I should send that poor one to preschool, I think he'd have a blast, but I also think he's still a little too young. Maybe a December start?
-Reading? He can sight read several words (and spell them as well), like "Judah - Wyatt - Mom - Dad - Coke (lol)". But yesterday we caught him reading to himself while on the potty. "B..bb...aa...aa...mm...mm..........BAM!" He's just such a nerd. We don't force him to learn this stuff. Anyways, after "The 'B' Book" I gave him "Ferdinand the Bull". He started reading to himself, "Once upon a time...Ferdi-and...sit down at the tree...the other bulls play and get mad....pica...pica...." Me: "Picadores?" And so on...it was pretty cute.
-"One day, once upon a time, it's not fun to throw up."
-"Mommy, go lay on the couch, that will make you feel better."
-"Mom, that plate is for boys, not old people."
-"I'm Mitchey, the hat man!"
MEANWHILE...
Wyatt is an early bird, sometimes waking as early at 6. Luckily his Nana wakes up early too (?) and they spend time together doing who knows what while I sleep a little longer. What is Wyatt up to?????...
-Well, he LOVES 'puuuupppiies!!!!' There was a very large, gentle dog at the farm today that had no problem with Wyatt's fawning. He'd give hugs and kisses, and then turn his back and carefully lean against the dog and look up at the sky. He's such an animal boy! Not to mention the neighbor's cat that he tries to sit on whenever it visits. Initially he called it "Katty" which I thought was just adorable. And his 'meow' impression sounds more like an angry mountain lion.
-He's using a spoon and fork :-)
-He REALLY likes belgian waffles. Also, everything. He likes everything. The boys have been eating raw veggies and fruits all summer thanks to...well, summer, but also our food share from the farm. They'll snack on cucumber and green beans. Yesterday I caught Wyatt sitting on the kitchen counter eating cherry tomatoes whole.
-I suppose I could say Wyatt is talking. He'll use words to tell us what he wants, but sometimes he likes to say the same word OVER and OVER. "Sky! Sky! Sky! Sky! Sky!" "Moo's (moon), Moo's, Moo's". He did that for 45 minutes one evening on the way home from dinner. Eesh!
We've have a pretty good mix of busy and relaxed here this summer. Weekdays tend to be quiet (save the loud children). Our weekends have been full of stuff: -Trip to Chicago, family visiting, Niece's baptism, Grampa's passing, etc. Boy do we miss Grampa :-(
Anyways, just some updates. We're looking forward to the boys' CANADIAN grandparents to visit this week. They'll be here for Judah's birthday! Fun. Paul Bunyan Land, anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment